Reach out if you need accommodations to do your job
Grainger is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for team members with disabilities. If you face barriers to performing your essential job functions, we ask that you partner with us to find workable solutions.
How It Works
The team member initiates a request for accommodation. Grainger evaluates requests on a case-by-case basis, taking into account factors such as:
- Whether the team member can perform the job safely
- Effectiveness of the accommodation in enabling the team member to perform essential job functions
- Impact of the accommodation on Grainger’s operational needs
- Overall financial resources of Grainger
Work Accommodations Snapshot
Who is eligible?
All team members with protected disabilities
What is it?
Accommodations may include:
- Restructuring the job
- Modifying work schedules
- Leaves of absence
- Acquiring or modifying equipment or devices
- Providing qualified readers or interpreters
- Reviewing current vacancies to determine if a transfer is possible
What to do
- To request a workplace accommodation based on your disability, inform your people leader and contact the Grainger AbsenceOne Leaves Team.
- Provide information requested by the Leaves Team to support your request. Your medical information will be kept confidential to the extent possible.
- Follow this Team Member Guide to ADA Accommodation (access to Grainger’s network is required).
- For more information, email Danielle Geracaris, ADA Compliance Lead