How It Works
The team member initiates a request for accommodation. Grainger evaluates requests on a case-by-case basis, taking into account factors such as:
- Whether the team member can perform the job safely
- Effectiveness of the accommodation in enabling the team member to perform essential job functions
- Impact of the accommodation on Grainger’s operational needs
- Overall financial resources of Grainger
Work Accommodations Snapshot
Who is eligible?
All team members with protected disabilities
What is it?
Accommodations may include:
- Restructuring the job
- Modifying work schedules
- Leaves of absence
- Acquiring or modifying equipment or devices
- Providing qualified readers or interpreters
- Reviewing current vacancies to determine if a transfer is possible
What to do
- To request a workplace accommodation based on your disability, inform your people leader and contact the Grainger AbsenceOne Leaves Team.
- Provide information requested by the Leaves Team to support your request. Your medical information will be kept confidential to the extent possible.
- Follow this Team Member Guide to ADA Accommodation (access to Grainger’s network is required).
- For more information, email Danielle Geracaris, ADA Compliance Lead