Adoption Assistance Program
Growing Your Family Through Adoption
Grainger supports team members and their families who are in the process of adopting by reimbursing up to $6,000 per adoption for eligible expenses.
Who is Eligible
Regular full-time and regular part-time team members with at least one year of service are eligible for the program.
How it Works
- There are no limits on the number of adoptions.
- If a team member is adopting multiples (i.e., twins, triplets, etc.), each child is considered a separate adoption.
- The program will reimburse adoption costs for a child under the age of 18. Only costs incurred prior to the child’s 18th birthday can be considered under the program.
- The program does not include adoption of a birth child of a team member or the team member’s spouse/domestic partner.
- The program does include adoption of a grandchild of a team member or a team member’s spouse/domestic partner.
- You may request reimbursement once the child is placed or the adoption is final.
- Request the Adoption Assistance Reimbursement Form by contacting the Grainger Employee Service Center (ESC) at
Qualified expenses covered include reasonable and necessary:
- Adoption agency fees
- Court and legal fees
- Hospitalization and medical expenses of the birth mother and child
Note: Benefits may differ for team members outside the continental U.S.