No, you don’t, but you should at least consider your current coverage. In past years, team members who did not enroll risked losing medical coverage they were used to. Starting this year, you can keep your same medical coverage and eligible covered dependents even if you don’t enroll – but it’s not necessarily that simple.
- You need to enroll if you want to contribute to a Health Savings Account or Flexible Spending Account in 2022.
- If you have medical coverage in 2022 and you and/or a covered spouse/domestic partner use tobacco, you you need to enroll and attest to that, and there will be a $450 surcharge to your medical premium. That surcharge will be discontinued once all covered adult tobacco users (team member and/or spouse/domestic partner) complete the Quit for Life tobacco cessation program.
- You should enroll if you no longer have dependents who will share your medical coverage. You don’t want to keep paying for people unnecessarily.
Annual enrollment runs from October 11-29. Starting October 11, go to GraingerTotalRewards.com and click on the Enroll Now button you will see on the home page. That will take you to information and the process. Be ready with your Grainger username and GPASS password. (Your Grainger username is either letters or letters/numbers, sometimes called your RACFID.)
You can call 1-888-477-3781 (choose Option 3), Monday – Friday, 7 a.m. – 5 p.m. CT. They’ll be glad to help you.
There are some new benefits available this fall, plus a few changes. Find out more in the enrollment guide mailed to your home, or in the enrollment section of GraingerTotalRewards.com.
New benefits include stress management support, help building financial skills, early access to earned wages and a physical therapy app that can save you time by working with digital coaching to receive exercises and therapy at home.
There will be limited increases to health care premiums. Payroll contributions for most team members with full-time benefits will increase by $1.08 – $24.04 per month for medical coverage, and $0.18-$2.43 for dental. Payroll contributions for team members with part-time benefits will increase by $9.49-$44.33 per month for medical coverage. The broad ranges reflect our varied plan options, as well as the number of family members you choose to cover. You can find all costs for 2022 benefits here.
Here’s what to know.
- Full-time benefits apply to team members in a regular full-time employment status scheduled to work 40 hours per week, as well as to team members in a regular part-time employment status scheduled to work an average of 30-39 hours per week.
- Part-time benefits apply to team members in a regular part-time employment status scheduled to work an average of 20-29 hours per week.
Benefit Pros are trained in Grainger’s wellbeing programs to help you understand your benefits – and discover opportunities you might otherwise overlook. To reach a Benefit Pro, call 1-855-769-4834 or email BenefitPro@alight.com.
This site, GraingerTotalRewards.com, provides year-round information on all your Grainger benefits.
Beginning October 1, 2021, team members and their eligible family members who take advantage of the emotional wellbeing support offered through Spring Health will have access to 6 free sessions per issue. After that their sessions will be billed to their medical carrier if enrolled.
Yes – the 6 free therapy sessions offered through Spring Health are available to all team members and their eligible family members regardless of if you are enrolled in a medical plan. Once your 6 sessions free sessions are over, any continuation of therapy sessions will be billed to your medical plan if enrolled, or, if not enrolled in a medical plan, the team member will need to wait until the next calendar year to receive another 6 free sessions.
Team members who are seeing a therapist through OptumHealth EAP will be notified in October of their need to switch to a Spring Health provider. If a team member is seeing a therapist through their medical plan, you will not be required to switch to Spring Health in October.
No – we do not have a limit to the number of times that team members can use the Pay Ahead resource. Note that when you use Pay Ahead, you can receive up to 30% of your earned pay before payday.