How It Works
If you are enrolled in a Grainger medical plan, you can access a range of behavioral health services — both inpatient and outpatient — through your medical plan carrier:
- Aetna plans use the Aetna behavioral health network.
- BCBSIL plans use the BCBSIL behavioral health network.
- UnitedHealthcare (UHC) plans use the Optum behavioral health network. Because UHC and Optum are part of the same parent company, you may access behavioral health care through either UHC or Optum.
Whether or not you have Grainger medical coverage, the Emotional Wellbeing and Stress Management programs through Spring Health may be a good starting point to find out what type of support is appropriate for your needs. The EAP offers counseling and other behavioral health services at no cost to all team members and their families even if not enrolled in Grainger medical plan.
Behavioral Health Snapshot
Who is eligible?
Team members and dependents enrolled in the Grainger Silver, Gold and Platinum medical plans have coverage for behavioral health services.
After meeting your annual medical plan deductible, you will pay 20% coinsurance for in-network behavioral health services, 40% for out-of-network services. Behavioral health services count toward your medical plan deductible and out-of-pocket maximum.
What to do
- Be sure to present your medical plan ID card when using any behavioral health services.
- Not sure where to start? Talk with your primary care provider or contact the Spring Health.
If you or your child has autism spectrum disorder (ASD), you may have faced challenges like finding the right provider or navigating your medical benefits. Grainger’s Silver, Gold and Platinum medical plans all cover autism treatment, such as Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) therapy. Precertification may be required, so it’s important to connect with your plan early to get the most from your benefits.
- Aetna autism resources: Call 1-866-724-0604 (TTY: 711), option 5.
- BCBSIL autism resources: Call the customer service number on the back of your member ID card.
- UHC autism resources: Call 1-866-844-4868 or 1-866-314-0336.
Note: Benefits may differ for team members outside the continental U.S.