How It Works
- You choose an annual contribution amount that is deducted from your paycheck in equal amounts throughout the year and placed in an account just for eligible parking and/or transit costs for your commute to and from work.
- Because the amounts are deducted before taxes are calculated, your taxable income is reduced each pay period so you pay less in taxes.
Commuter Benefits Account Snapshot
Who is eligible?
- Regular full-time team members*
- Regular part-time team members*
- Review the benefits eligibility details
What is it?
A simple, convenient way to get a tax break on eligible commuting expenses
Save an average of 30% on eligible expenses by using pre-tax dollars (exact savings percentage depends on your tax situation).
The maximum reimbursement is $270 per month each for parking and transit ($540 total per month).
Transit and parking costs related to your commute to and from work.
What to do
- Check your account balance, pay bills, request a reimbursement and access tools and resources at ybr.com/grainger.
- Download the Smart-Choice Mobile app via Google Play™ and the Apple App Store℠.
*Excludes team members who reside in Puerto Rico and Guam and those working on a U.S. base or on an expat assignment. See more for team members outside the continental U.S.