How It Works
- You choose an annual contribution amount that is deducted from your paycheck in equal amounts throughout the year and placed in an account just for eligible dental and vision expenses (not medical expenses).
- Because the amounts are deducted before taxes are calculated, your taxable income is reduced each pay period so you pay less in taxes.
New FSA Administrator in 2022
Starting January 1, 2022, HealthEquity will become the new administrator for Grainger’s Dental and Vision Flexible Spending Account benefit (also known as an LPFSA). Please refer to this flier from HealthEquity.
Dental and Vision FSA Snapshot
Who is eligible?
- Regular full-time team members
- Regular part-time team members
- Review the benefits eligibility details
What is it?
A simple, convenient way to get a tax break on dental and vision expenses
- Save an average of 30% on eligible expenses for you, your spouse and qualifying children (exact savings percentage depends on your tax situation)
- Can be used whether or not you have an HSA
- Can be used whether or not you are enrolled in Grainger medical coverage
- Minimum annual contribution: $250
- Maximum annual contribution: $2,750
- Plan carefully! According to IRS rules, you have until March 15 of the following year to spend any dollars left in your account as of December 31 of the current year. After the grace period ends on March 15, you will forfeit any unused contributions from the prior year.
- You cannot change your contribution level until the next Annual Enrollment period, unless you have a qualifying life event.
This FSA is considered a “limited use health care FSA.” That means you can use it for eligible dental and vision expenses that are not reimbursed by any other plan. Medical expenses, however, are not eligible. Learn more about which dental and vision expenses are eligible.
What to do
Access your FSA
You will receive a Smart-Choice personal debit card to access money in your FSA when paying for expenses at dental and vision providers.
You can check your account balance, pay bills, request a reimbursement and access tools and resources at www.ybr.com/grainger.
Get the app
Download the Smart-Choice Mobile app via the Apple App Store or Google Play.
Note: Benefits may differ for team members outside the continental U.S.