If you are a new hire, you have 31 days—beginning with your date of hire—to enroll for your benefits.
To enroll, follow these simple steps:
- Log on to Your Benefits Resources™. Access is granted 24 hours after your manager completes “Manager Day 1” activity on the SAP portal. The first time you login, follow these simple steps to register as a new user:
- Select the Are you a new user? link on the login page.
- Answer the security questions.
- Create a user ID and password. (Remember the password you select because you’ll need it whenever you call the Grainger Employee Service Center.)
After you log on:
- Select Enroll in Your Benefits in the Take Action section under the Health and Insurance tab.
- Follow the step-by-step instructions provided on the website to enroll.
- Check out your plan options, review your medical care costs, compare coverage, find a doctor in your plan, and consider the Dependent Care and/or the Dental and Vision Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs).
- Don’t forget to check out the decision-support tools to help you make your benefit decisions.
- Once you go through the steps and decide which plans are right for you, select Enroll Now.
- On the Enroll in Your Benefits page, select View/Change if you need to enroll in or make changes to your coverage, or select Continue if you don’t need to take any action. You will need the names, dates of birth and Social Security numbers for family members you are enrolling for coverage or designating as beneficiaries.
- If you select a medical plan, you will be prompted to declare the tobacco status of you and your spouse or domestic partner.
- If you and your enrolled spouse or domestic partner don’t use tobacco (or agree to enroll and participate in your medical plan’s free tobacco cessation program, select “No” to the “are you a tobacco-user?” question, and you will receive the tobacco-free incentive—$450 less for your full year medical plan rates.
- If you and/or your enrolled spouse or domestic partner are currently tobacco users, select “Yes” to the “are you a tobacco-user?” question, and you will not receive the tobacco-free incentive.
- If you choose to enroll in the HSA Gold or HSA Silver Plan, you’ll need to actively choose your annual HSA contribution goal amount. The annual goal amount will be divided by the number of pay periods to determine the amount taken from your paycheck each pay period. You can change your annual goal amount anytime during the plan year; however, the change will not be effective until the first of the following month.
- When you’re done reviewing and selecting your coverage, select Complete Enrollment. You can print the confirmation page on Your Benefits Resources, if you choose. After you enroll, you will receive an email that confirms you have enrolled in benefits.
If You Do Not Enroll
If you do not enroll within the first 31 days of hire, you must wait until the next annual open enrollment period to enroll, unless you have a qualified status change event. If you do not enroll in LTD coverage within your first 31 days of hire, you may enroll in LTD during any future open enrollment, but evidence of insurability (EOI) will be required.