How It Works
- 2nd.MD connects you with board-certified specialists from top medical institutions for virtual medical consultations via phone or video from the comfort of home — all at no cost to you.
- 2nd.MD specialists take a non-biased approach that includes:
- Reviewing your medical records and history to confirm your treatment plan and diagnosis
- Providing you another level of expertise and advocacy regarding your health care needs
- Giving you confidence, and in some cases, additional treatment options as you move forward with your next steps
Expert Medical Opinion Snapshot
Who is eligible?
Team members and dependents enrolled in the Grainger Silver, Gold and Platinum medical plans
You pay nothing to use 2nd.MD. Grainger pays the full cost.
What to do
- Activate your account and request support. Visit 2nd.MD/grainger, download the app or call 1-866-841-2575.
- Speak with a nurse. Just explain your medical issues, and an experienced nurse will handle the rest, including collecting medical records and connecting you with an expert in your condition.
- Consult with a specialist who will provide information about your diagnosis, treatment plan and next steps. Meet via video or phone at a time that works best for you, including evenings and weekends.
- Review the written summary of your consultation so you are prepared for a conversation with your treating physician. If needed, the 2nd.MD Care Team can also refer you to a local in-network specialist.
Note: Benefits may differ for team members outside the continental U.S.