Hospital Indemnity Insurance
Cash benefits to help pay unexpected expenses
Hospital Indemnity insurance is part of Grainger’s voluntary benefits offerings. This optional coverage can help you be better prepared for unexpected expenses in the event you become hospitalized.
How It Works
- As a new hire or during Annual Enrollment, you can choose to enroll in Hospital Indemnity insurance through MetLife, at your own cost.
- If you become hospitalized, MetLife will pay a cash benefit directly to you.
- You have the flexibility to use this money however you wish – for out-of-pocket medical bills, regular household expenses, extra help at home, anything you wish.
Hospital Indemnity Insurance Snapshot
Who is eligible?
- Regular full-time team members*
- Regular part-time team members*
- Review the benefits eligibility details
What is it?
- Extra coverage that provides a cash benefit directly to you if you become hospitalized (certain qualifications apply).
- Upon enrolling, you select one of two options: the Low Plan and High Plan. See the Plan Summary for details.
- Even with the best medical insurance, a hospital stay may leave you with extra out-of-pocket expenses as well as non-medical expenses.
- If you are suddenly unable to work, you could have trouble meeting expenses like rent, mortgage or car insurance.
What to do
* Excludes team members who reside in Guam and those working on a U.S. Base or on an expat assignment. See more for team members outside the continental U.S.