Plans at a Glance

Explore your options for medical coverage

Most team members can choose from three medical plans: Silver, Gold and Platinum. Here’s a high-level look at your options. For more details, see the Medical Plan Comparison Chart. Benefits may differ for team members outside the continental U.S.  

 

Plans at a Glance

Here’s a high-level look at how the Silver, Gold and Platinum medical plans compare on several key features. For more details, see the Medical Plan Comparison Chart.

 

Silver Plan

Gold Plan

Platinum Plan

Plan Type

High-Deductible
Health Plan

High-Deductible
Health Plan

Traditional Plan

HSA Included?

You can contribute your own pretax dollars if you wish

Grainger contributes

+

You can contribute your own pretax dollars if you wish

X

Premium Costs

Fixed cost every payday

$

$$

$$$

Out-of-Pocket Costs

Variable cost based on the care you receive

$$$

$$

$

Deductible

Applies to most non-preventive services, including prescription drugs and office/virtual visits

Does not apply to prescription drugs or office/virtual visits

Family Coverage

The family deductible and family out-of-pocket maximum apply to each covered family member; individual limits do not apply

Individual family members may satisfy the individual deductible and out-of-pocket maximum

Coinsurance

Most in-network care is covered at 80% after you meet your annual deductible. You pay the remaining 20% until your annual out-of-pocket maximum is met.

Prescription Drug Program

Deductible applies except for generic preventive maintenance drugs

Preventive Care

Preventive screenings and exams covered at 100%.

Preventive maintenance generic prescriptions covered at low cost or no cost, depending on your plan.

Contacts

Benefit Pro

Your Benefit Pro can help you find a doctor, determine the cost of a medical procedure, resolve heath care billing and insurance claim disputes, and more.

BenefitPro@alight.com
1-855-769-4384

When Coverage Ends

If You and Your Spouse or Domestic Partner Are Both Grainger Team Members

Special Savings Offers

Videos

Profit Savings Plan

Retirement Benefit Questions (65+/Medicare-eligible [including disabled early Medicare eligible] and pre-65 eligible retirees/dependents)

Medicare Plan Options Questions (65+ or early Medicare retirees with or without Grainger Retiree Health)

Questions

Connect with a Benefit Pro

Access the Provider Search Tool

Keep in Mind

Enroll Now

2022: Your Cost for Coverage

Contacts

Benefit Pro

Your Benefit Pro can help you find a doctor, determine the cost of a medical procedure, resolve heath care billing and insurance claim disputes, and more.

BenefitPro@alight.com
1-855-769-4384

When Coverage Ends

If You and Your Spouse or Domestic Partner Are Both Grainger Team Members

Special Savings Offers

Videos

Profit Savings Plan

Profit Sharing Plan Historical Plan Information Pre-2021

Dear Team Member,

The last 18 months have pulled us in all sorts of directions and presented several new challenges. Many of you have had to adapt to an ever-changing lifestyle that includes homeschooling kids, working overtime, taking care of loved ones, and worrying about finances. At Grainger, we recognize the toll these changes take on your personal wellbeing. And while I’m proud to say you’ve continued to provide exceptional customer service despite these challenges, it’s just as important to put the same attention on yourself.

We want you to be your best, not only at work but at home. That’s why we’ve made some enhancements to our benefits programs to better support your emotional, financial, physical, and social wellbeing. These new programs will provide access to short-term cash, one-on-one financial coaching, or stress management support. Over the last year, we built a strong foundation of wellbeing resources to ensure you have more choice and flexibility with your benefits.

This Annual Enrollment Decision Guide will help you navigate the robust benefits that Grainger offers and support you in making your elections for 2022. Annual Enrollment will run from October 11 to 29, 2021. Now is the time for you to take action for you and your family’s wellbeing. We have more plans underway to continue to enhance our wellbeing offerings and we’re excited to share these with you soon.
As always, thank you for all you continue to do for each other, our organization, and our customers.

Stay well,
Kathleen Carroll
SVP & Chief Human Resources Officer

CONNECT WITH ME:
LinkedIn: Kathleen Carroll
Instagram: @KathleenSCarroll
Firstup: @kathleen.carroll8