How It Works
- Choose from thousands of retail pharmacies: You get plan coverage and discounts on prescriptions filled at pharmacies in the Express Scripts network, which includes national retail pharmacies such as CVS and Walgreens along with local independent pharmacies. At out-of-network pharmacies, benefits are lower and you’ll pay more.
- Extra savings on long-term medications: For most long-term medications – sometimes called maintenance medications – you can have a 90-day supply delivered to your home for the cost of a 60-day supply. Or, get the same savings at any CVS pharmacy. It’s part of the Smart90 program.
Prescription Drug Snapshot
Who is eligible?
Team members and dependents enrolled in the Grainger Silver, Gold and Platinum plans. To receive benefits, be sure to present your Express Scripts ID card when you fill a prescription.
Out-of-pocket costs for prescription drugs may include coinsurance and/or a flat-dollar copays. These costs vary based on:
- Medical plan
- Drug tier (generic, brand formulary or brand non-formulary)
- Pharmacy (in-network or out-of-network)
- Whether you opt in to Smart90 for long-term medications
For details, see the Medical Plan Comparison Chart
- With the Silver and Gold medical plans, most prescription drugs are subject to your medical plan deductible. The exception is generic preventive maintenance medications, which are covered with no deductible at in-network pharmacies.
- With the Platinum medical plan, there is no deductible for prescription drugs.
Annual out-of-pocket maximum
- With the Silver and Gold medical plans, prescription drug costs apply to your medical annual out-of-pocket maximum.
- With the Platinum medical plan, your prescription out-of-pocket costs are limited to $2,250 per person, up to a maximum of $9,000 per family.
What to do
- Register at express-scripts.com to locate in-network pharmacies, get started with safe and convenient home delivery (standard shipping included), price medications, order refills, review claims and balances, even connect with a pharmacist 24/7.
- Download the free Express Scripts mobile app from Google Play™ or the Apple App Store℠.
Make the Most of Your Prescription Drug Benefits
- Choose generics: The plan pays highest benefits for generic medications, which are FDA-approved to have the same active ingredients, safety and effectiveness as the brand-name versions – yet generics typically cost less.
- Brand formulary: For brand-name drugs that have no generic equivalent, the plan pays higher benefits for drugs on the Express Scripts formulary. The formulary, which spans 100+ drug classes, includes preferred drugs known to be effective and safe for specific conditions.
- Earn up to $50 CVS ExtraBucks®Rewards1
- SilverCloud wellbeing programs: SilverCloud is a free, online resource provided through Express Scripts. It offers a variety of programs to help you manage stress, anxiety, sleep problems and depression. To learn more and sign up, visit SilverCloud. SilverCloud is one of several behavioral health resources available to you and your dependents.
- Flu shots: You can get a free annual flu shot with your Express Scripts prescription drug card at Walgreens, CVS or another in-network pharmacy.
1 To earn Pharmacy & Health ExtraBucks® Rewards, you must enroll in both the ExtraCare® and ExtraCare Pharmacy & Health Rewards® program at CVS. See program rules for details at www.cvs.com/extracare-cvs/rxrewards or ask a CVS pharmacist for a copy. Rewards cannot be earned on any prescriptions purchased in AR, NJ, or NY; any prescriptions transferred to a CVS Pharmacy® in AL, MS, or OR; any controlled substance prescriptions purchased in HI or LA; or where otherwise prohibited by law. CVS reserves the right to modify or terminate the ExtraCare Pharmacy & Health Rewards program.
Note: Benefits may differ for team members outside the continental U.S.