How It Works
If you are eligible and die under certain circumstances (see below), the beneficiary named for your Basic Life insurance will receive a survivor benefit.
Survivor Benefits Snapshot
Who is eligible?
- Regular full-time team members with at least two years of service.
- If you leave Grainger and return within one year, you retain your original employment anniversary date for purposes of the survivor benefit.
When is survivor benefit payable?
The benefit is payable if you die:
- While in active employment status (includes partial return to work due to restrictions)
- During a short-term disability leave
- Within six months of going out on Workers’ Compensation
- Within one year from the first date of a disability that left you continuously disabled and unable to return to work
Benefit is equal to one week’s pay for every two full years of continuous employment, up to a maximum of 13 weeks of pay.
What to do
Keep your beneficiary information up to date at Your Benefits Resources™.